eb0f5c1a280acd19a888e74971d4a95dd6a2052fc59a2ed9c6

Friday, November 1, 2013

Salsa Sour Cream Chicken for One (Gluten Free)

 November, really? I'm not sure where the time has gone, but I can't believe it's already November. Just crazy talk!! I guess the countdown begins until Christmas. So, 54 days until Christmas. You better get ready!! I'm going to try to shop local as much as possible this year. Amazon is such a temptation though.

I don't know if you know this about me or not, but my husband travels sometimes for business and since my kids are grown, I am left on my own. (Just a warning here. Don't try to break in my house. You won't like the results. That isn't a challenge, just a statement.)  I don't love to eat out alone and I don't eat fast food, so that leaves me cooking for one.  I usually eat pretty simply, but sometimes I just want something else.

This recipe I'm sharing today is something I threw together and man oh man, it is so good. I was so happy with the results. It can be made for more people, but this is the "for one" version. I made it for my mom too and she really liked it.  To be honest, I don't really eat that much, so this lasted me three meals. The chicken breast was huge. I made it in a small slow cooker, one and a half quart size I think. I call it "Salsa Sour Cream Chicken for One". Catchy, right?



Salsa Sour Cream Chicken for One
Serves one or two (if you don't eat a lot)

1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - still frozen
1/4 cup of Salsa (I use fresh)
4 ounces of chopped green chilies
3 Tbsp Sour Cream

In a small slow cooker, place chicken breast, salsa and green chilies, put the lid on and cook for 5 - 6 hours on low. Next, shred the chicken with two forks. I did it right in the slow cooker. Mix it all up well and add the sour cream. Mix well and cook for one more hour on low. Serve over rice or with warmed corn tortillas. 


What do you make for dinner when you are cooking for one? I need some ideas please! 

Posted by Kathleen


12 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy and super easy. Definitely putting this on our menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really, really love it. I can see that I might eat this a lot.

      Delete
  2. I love this. Simple but lots of flavor. I have pinned this to try later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple but flavorful are always the best recipes in my book. I really do love this.

      Delete
  3. My husband would love this recipe!! Thanks for linking up at Create it or Bake it hope you come back tomorrow and share again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will add you to my calendar. Thank you for the invitation.

      Delete
  4. Love this, it sounds very easy and delicious! I almost never cook alone in my crazy house, but on that rare occasion I make a veggie omelet that includes all the veggies my kids complain about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. What's up with that?! Veggies are so good.

      Delete