eb0f5c1a280acd19a888e74971d4a95dd6a2052fc59a2ed9c6

Thursday, October 10, 2013

White Bean Chicken Chili

I have a big secret, but you can't tell anyone.... I suck at making soup!!!! Seriously, I'm probably the worst soup maker of all time! However, this chili that I made the other night was amazing, so you know it's easy. I got the recipe from my beautiful sister in law and her chili was so tasty, we all had thirds!! So of course I just had to have her recipe and now, with her permission of course, I'm sharing it all with you!!


White Bean Chicken Chili

1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 in. cubes
1 medium onion
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 (15.5 oz.) cans great northern white beans rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies

Start by sautéing the chicken, onion, garlic powder, and oil until the chicken is done. Add in the beans, green chilies, seasonings, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.

This is the perfect dinner for a cold night and to imagine curling up by the fireplace, since I don't have one I have to imagine. I hope you and your family will enjoy this chili as much as my family does. Have a blessed day!!!

Posted by Samantha




9 comments:

  1. I love white chili, but I have yet to make it since the weather turned cooler. Thanks for the reminder! And I'm always looking for new versions of my favorite old standbys...this looks like a great one to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried white chicken chili before. Cannot wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White chili is my favorite kind! :) I normally make it with ground turkey but will definitely have to give chicken a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds great! I love white bean chili.
    I suck at making soup too and it's not secret :) This looks do-able!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this on Saturday Night Fever Link Party! Hope to see you again Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the tips and tricks hop on a fresh start on a budget blog. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete